Wired and Wireless Friends
Wired and Wireless devices should meet the following LG Friends hardware requirements to connect with LG G5 and Friends Manager.
Wired devices should meet the requirements described below.
USB Specification (Mandatory)
Wired device should support Type-C 2.0 to be connected to LG G5. For more information about USB 2.0 and USB C-Type standards, visit USB.org.
• Definition of USB Type-C Pin Map
USB Type-C is a specification for a 24-pin reversible-plug connector for USB devices and USB cabling.
• Definition of USB Type-C Pin
• Electrical Specification
Electrical Specification follows USB Type-C Specification Release 1.1 (Universal Serial Bus Type-C Cable and Connector Specification) and LG standard.
The G5 supports 5V and 1.0A or less Current for USB Type-C power.
DisplayPort Specification (Optional)
• DisplayPort is used to show a video source on a display device, though it can also be used to play or show audio, images, and other forms of data.
• If you have a video source on the wired device that needs to be played on the connected LG G5, your wired device should support DisplayPort v1.2. For more information about DisplayPort standard, visit DisplayPort Official Website.
• Alternate Mode
DisplayPort Alternate mode supports Audio/Video, USB data, and max 1A (5V) current via USB Type-C connector.
The G5 supports max 3840x2160@30Hz resolution.
Wireless devices should support at least one of the following:
Bluetooth Specification (Mandatory)
• Bluetooth supports BT 4.0 or higher.
• Supporting Profile: HSP, HFP, SPP, A2DP, AVRCP, OPP, PBAP, HID, HDP, PAN, MAP, GATT, DID, HOGP
Wi-Fi Specification (Optional)
• Wi-Fi supports following: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
• LTE supports following: B1, B3, B5, B7, B8, Roaming B17, TDD 39,40,41 (38) + 2ULCA
• 3G supports following: WCDMA B1, B2, B5